Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Blogs..what's in them

Internet brought along a new era of communication ... Some of the most widely used applications have clearly been email, IM, chatrooms and almost anything that would involve interpersonal communication would be a sure sucess! But what next for this social animal that is always on the hunt for more. As I am seeing it, possibly an ability to create more shareable information or an ability to not just consume but actually use the information supplied to you. ..Well how ?

I will give you my personal experience, I somehow never cared too much to look into newspapers or news websites ... What I want is not just a standard set of opinions by some standard set of people day in and day out and that too without the ability to express my opinions on what they have written.

How many people have you seen that would write "Letters to editors" or even in the case of websites do you think editors at CNN or MSNBC even care about your opinions.

Blogging has changed my opinion altogether...it now gives me not just an information I can consume but something I can use...I want to choose to read the people whom I want to hear and that too I can change it anytime if I think they are not worth it..

And its not just me these days everyone is getting involved in blogs, a few stats:

- 11 million people write blogs in the US alone
- Fifty-seven percent of blog readers are men. Most are under age 30, higher-income and well-educated individuals. They are broadband users and Internet veterans.

More on it in my next post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home